Here is a question I often here in my photo workshops: can I do that? Am I allowed?
Do you think I will not let you keep this photo because:
– rule of thirds does not apply
– your subject is looking into the frame
– your subject is not in focus
– your subject is looking away
– you can’t find any rules that you learned into that photo?
My answer is simple: do you like this photo? Does it talk to you? Do you feel it is a keeper?
Well then, you got your answer!
Rules are made to be broken, and please do so, unless you want to be taking the same photos forever!