It has been a very very difficult choice to do this selection. It is already difficult to only select 10 photos for the photo review at the end of my photography tours, but to select only 25 photos for one whole year of travelling has been excruciating. I actually couldn’t do it and asked my wife to finish the job for me… I was watching her, and for a moment she appeared like a butcher slaughtering a cute calve without even scowling.
Anyway, from a final selection of 80 she went down to 25…. and I went up to 30 🙂 I hope you will forgive me!
2015 has been a superb year, in terms of business and travelling. Here are some numbers to summarize:
[alert type=”notice, warning, success, error, info” close=”true”]
- 12 destination portraits or family photo shoots in Danang and Hoi An
- 13 full day weddings around Vietnam
- 5 hotels and resorts photography around Vietnam
- 8 commercial assignments (food and events photography mostly)
- 117 half day or private photography workshops in Hoi An with Hoi An photo tour & workshop (and I only realize now how HUGE this is!)
- 4 three day photography workshops in central Vietnam, in collaboration with several photographers based in Vietnam
- 3 photography tours in South East Asia (North Vietnam, Myanmar and Laos)
- 1 trip to the Mekong delta, exploring for a potential photography tour
- 1 trip to North Vietnam to explore some new areas and create a new tour for 2016
- 1 trip to Bangladesh and exploring to create a new tour for 2016
I am just getting started and from what I can see 2016 will be an even busier year 🙂
Thanks to everyone who have been joining the tours and workshops and trusting me as a photographer. I hope we will keep working together in 2016 and I can’t wait to show you all the new things that have been keeping my mind busy for the last months travelling and teaching photography.
So here is my selection of my (and my wife’s) favourite travel photos of 2015.