FAQ & POLICY
Terms and conditions
1. Application and Acceptance:
- Pics of Asia reserves the right to accept or refuse any application to join our photography tours in Asia.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your spot on one of our photography tours.
- A full deposit refund is available if the tour is cancelled within 6 months of the starting date.
- A 50% refund of the deposit is available if you cancel your participation within 3 months of the starting date.
- No deposit will be refunded if you cancel your participation within 60 days of the starting date.
- Pics of Asia reserves the right to cancel any tours or workshops, in which case a 100% deposit refund will be issued.
- By signing up for one of our photography tours in Asia, you acknowledge that Pics of Asia is not responsible for any injury, loss, illness, or other reasons that may lead to the cancellation of the tour or your premature departure.
- Upon submitting the sign-up form, you agree that Pics of Asia is not liable for any incidents, and your insurance company cannot hold Pics of Asia responsible or initiate legal proceedings against our organization.
4. Participant Conduct:
- Throughout the tour, Pics of Asia reserves the right to remove any participant for misconduct, including but not limited to misbehavior towards Pics of Asia staff, other tour participants, or local residents.
- Any unacceptable behavior against any individual will result in immediate exclusion from the tour without the possibility of a refund.
The best way to understand the Pics of Asia experience is to join us on one of our tours. Before you sign up, you might want to look through our FAQ section for more information. If you have questions that we haven’t answered here, then please email email@example.com
“Enlightenment is always there. Small enlightenment will bring great enlightenment. If you breathe in and are aware that you are alive - that you can touch the miracle of being alive - then that is a kind of enlightenment” - Thich Nhat Hanh
Expect the unexpected. Expect to improve your photography skills thanks to spending time with expert, hands-on teachers in some of the most photogenic locations in Asia. Expect meaningful interactions with local people and expect to return home with photographs you can be justifiably proud of, and memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
By the way, if you arrive early for one of our tours, we’d suggest that you avoid visiting any of the places on the detailed tour itinerary, so that you will see them with fresh eyes when we visit them together on the tour.
That depends on your interests, how much time you have, and the type of images you would like to take. We offer tours from 3 days to 10 days, and we’re always scouting new Asian countries and locations to add to the tours we offer. Mostly we travel in October and November to avoid peak tourist seasons while still enjoying good weather.
Our tours cater for every level of photographic skill and experience, from beginners to advanced. One thing we promise you: thanks to the new opportunities you’ll have, the live feedback and classes, and learning from passionate teachers, you’ll return home a better photographer.
If you’d like to join one of our tours but you’re a complete novice, then you can spend time with your guide before the tour starts and get to grips with the basics of camera settings and composition. This half-day session costs just US$250 for one or more students.
We’ve split our packing list into two sections – what you’ll need for photography, and everything else. As always, the idea is to strike a balance between having the necessities and travelling light so that we can more easily get to the places where the best photographs are just waiting to be taken. While the cost of living in many Asian countries is lower than you might be used to, and clothes and food are readily and cheaply available, some things are very hard to find – so bring them with you.
- At least 1 SLR camera and lenses (we recommend prime lenses such as the 35mm,
50mm f1.8, 85mm)
- Tripod and wide-angle lens for landscape photography (although we’ll mostly focus on people photography)
- Laptop or iPad with photo editing software for photo critiquing classes (preferably
- An iPhone or similar if you want to try iPhoneography
- Camera bag
- Lots of memory cards and battery packs
- Charging cables and adaptors
- Hard drive for backing up images
- Camera and lens care kit
- Ziploc bags to keep equipment dry
- Your passport and all necessary visas – it is your responsibility to ensure that you
have complied with the visa requirements of any country you plan to visit. Online
visa applications can save a lot of time.
- Credit card (check it will work!)
- Cash (US$ are generally easiest to exchange)
- Basic first aid kit (including insect repellent, sunscreen, diarrhea remedy and contact lens
solution if required)
- Malaria prophylaxis - get medical advice on this before you travel
- Hand sanitiser
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts for going into monasteries, temples &c.
- Sweater or hoodie (it can get cool in the evenings)
- Waterproof jacket
- Hat and sunglasses
- Comfortable walking shoes / sturdy sandals
- Picture books, toys or stationery for children – this can really open doors
- Small flashlight
- Quick-drying towel
- Sarong or similar (easy to buy on arrival)
We want you to be able to focus on your photography, so we’ve made things as easy as possible. Our rates included almost all your local expenses except for any discretionary purchases. It breaks down like this:
- Meals during the tour
- Accommodation during the tour
- Non-alcoholic drinks and water
- Local transport
- Tips for local guides
- International flights and travel to the start point of the tour
- Accommodation outside of tour dates (if you decide to extend)
- Travel insurance[compulsory]
- Bank transfer charges
- Alcoholic drinks
Of course! After each tour we post a review and summary, and many of our students leave comments which you can read on our blog.
It's very simple: our VIP list of students are made of people who previously came on the tours and have shown motivation and a great ability to learn. Basically anyone we would be happy to see come back 🙂
When part of our VIP list you will receive discounts on the tours as well as more freebies, like airport pickups, free hotel nights, etc...